While it is the desire and wish of all of us to live in spacious, vast rooms, there are times we find ourselves having to do with small spaces. This could be a small bedroom, a small living room, a small kitchen, and so on so forth. However, the size of the space should not limit or hinder our interior design preferences. In fact, proper interior design can help inject new life into small spaces, and even help them appear larger.
Check out the below space design ideas, to help bring out the best out of small space;
- Use bright colors; bright colors help make the room appear larger, and livelier. Dull colors on the other hand tend to make everything look clumsy. While at it, also go for bright colored curtains to enhance the filtering in of natural light.
- Drawers, racks; when buying wardrobes or kitchen cabinets, opt to have the manufacturer include some drawers and racks inside, to create extra storage space.
- Sofa can also be your bed; your bunk bed can also be converted into a sofa, when the space available is limited. Manufacturers of these sofas ensure that you can easily convert them into beds, complete with removable mattresses.
- Curtain divider; get a high quality curtain to divide two spaces, to not just create more space but also to introduce a unique design element and ideally from chosen interior deign companies. This can be done in an apartment to divide the living room and dining room.
- Mirror; get a human size mirror and place it in your bedroom. It makes the room look larger, and also introduces new dimensions to the room, thus adding to the general aesthetic appeal of the room.
With the right interior design ideas, you can turn a small space into a great and convenient place to be in.